- Entries close for the second edition of the awards on December 1
- Winners to be revealed on February 1 at the IET London: Savoy Place
LONDON, UK (Monday, November 25, 2022) – Final entries are rushing in for the second edition of The Race Media Awards, with the chequered flag for submissions set to wave on December 1.
Recognising creative excellence, genuine impact, and influence in the motorsport marketing and PR industry, The Race Media Awards were held for the first time in 2022.
Agencies, manufacturers, championships, teams, and more can submit entries across seven different categories, including:
- Brand of the Year
- Creative Content of the Year
- Best Social Media Activation
- Best Live Event
- Best Streaming Event
- Most Inspiring Campaign
- Agency of the Year
The 2023 award winners will be revealed on February 1 at the historic IET London: Savoy Place, which is now one of the premier locations for top-end audio-visual technology after recently undertaking a dramatic overhaul.
Bringing his satirical take on modern agency life from his viral TikTok and LinkedIn videos, comedian Rob Mayhew will take the microphone at the event as host for the 2023 edition.
“As our sport continues to grow, so does the level of creativity going into marketing and PR initiatives. Motorsport provides an outstanding platform from which to launch really innovative campaigns, and we were thrilled to highlight this facet of our industry at our inaugural awards in February,” said The Race co-founder and COO Andrew van de Burgt.
“For the 2023 awards, the bar will undoubtedly be raised. The quantity of entries has already exceeded 2022, and I am certain our fully-independent judging panel is going to report back that the quality is going to make their job quite tough.”
The 2023 judging panel features:
- Allan McNish – Director of motorsport co-ordination at Audi
- Rollo Goldstaub – Tik Tok, Head of UK Sport and Gaming
- Louise Beckett – founder of the Loudspeaker agency and pitlane reporter for WEC
The shortlisted finalists for the 2023 The Race Media Awards will be revealed early in the new year, with the potential winners, industry leaders, agencies, and marketing and PR experts set to converge on the IET London: Savoy Place on February 1.
The finalists from the 2022 awards event came from Formula 1, MotoGP, sportscars, off-road competition, Indycar, and new electrified versions of the sport.
BRAND OF THE YEAR
– Extreme E (WINNER)
– Scuderia AlphaTauri
– McLaren Racing
– Carvana // Indycar
CREATIVE CONTENT OF THE YEAR
– Williams F1: The King’s Man (WINNER)
– McLaren Racing x Gulf Oil
– Envision Racing
– British Racing Motors: Reviving A Legend
BEST SOCIAL MEDIA ACTIVATION
– Scuderia AlphaTauri (WINNER)
– Carvana // Indycar
– Formula 1 X FIFA: Grid to Goal (Velocity Experience)
BEST LIVE EVENT
– Silverstone: Lap of Lights (WINNER)
– Dorna Sports: Valentino Rossi Farewell
– Motorsport UK: British Formula 4 Launch
– Goodwood: Festival of Speed 2021
BEST VIRTUAL EVENT
– Codemasters: F1 2021 Official Video Game Launch (WINNER)
– E1 Series: Racebird Design for World Oceans Day
– Formula E: Accelerate
MOST INSPIRING CAMPAIGN
– Racing Pride (WINNER)
– Extreme E
– Motorsport UK: Girls on Track
AGENCY OF THE YEAR
– Kingdom Creative (WINNER)
– Interstate Creative Partners
– Right Formula